Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

D.I.Y. : Turn your old pullover into Bolero


HI guys,
In my one of my DIY post we saw how a old knit top was restyled to be a Bolero HERE.
Well today lets restyle an old pullover. I love shrugs and Bolero. And so this pullover has also become a Bolero. 

Since I haven't documented the process of restyling you will have to bear with my pictorial illustrations. And I am sorry to inform that I wasn't able to find any of my old snaps wearing the pullover sweater either.I can just show you all how it looks now. 

Anyways this is the journey of 'Pullover to Bolero'. 



Mark the lines to cut on with help of a tailor's chalk. Marking on woolen clothes is a bit difficult. You will need to rely on your instincts.






The length of the sleeves can be whatever you want it to be. And don't forget to add up 2 inches to the desirable length before cutting the sleeves. Same goes for the bottom half of the pullover.



Whenever I machine stitch the woolen fabrics, I get a stretched wavy hem. And I didn't want that hem on this one so I have hand stitched the edges. 



I have added these big blue navy colored buttons just for show. The shrug is held together with help of two press buttons.


If you have any query then please write to me at platinumdivinity@gmail.com

P.S. In the next post you will find some pictures of me wearing this Bolero.  

4 comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.